CW Kanban can help create time entries for tickets shown on boards. To show the time entry dialog, click the ellipse menu of the appropriate ticket, then click Create Time Entry.
The time entry dialog is similar to the time entry form in ConnectWise. Complete the form as follows:
- Date: The date of the time entry. This defaults to today.
- Overnight: Check this if the entry represents work done over midnight. This splits the work into two time entries on two days.
- Discussion/Internal/Resolution: Check the records that the note should be applied to in ConnectWise.
- Start Time: The start time of the entry. This is optional if you enter an Actual Time value. Start time can be entered in a variety of formats, such as 2pm, 2:00 pm, or 14:00.
- End Time: The end time of the entry. The format is the same as Start Time. If Start Time and Actual Hours are entered, no End Time can be entered.
- Deduct: Subtract this amount of time from what would otherwise be calculated from the other fields.
- Actual: The actual amount of time in hours. If Start Time and End Time are entered, no Actual time can be entered.
- Billable: Select whether to bill or not bill this entry to the ticket's company.
- Notes: A description of the time entry. Depending on the selected options, this is also recorded in the Discussion/Internal/Resolution logs and sent to the ticket Contact, Resources, and CC records.
- Contact/Resource/Cc: Select which people receive a copy of the note by email.
To create the time entry, click Save. When the time entry is created in ConnectWise, the dialog closes.
CW Kanban doesn't edit or delete time entries. To change a time entry created in Kanban, open the ticket in ConnectWise by clicking the summary of the ticket where the time entry was created. Then navigate to the Time tab to edit or delete the time entry.